Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Critique of "Gay Marriage in Texas"

     Mr. Young provides, in my opinion, a valid and strong argument regarding the ban of same sex marriages in Texas. I enjoyed reading his blog largely in part to his detail and knowledge on this issue. It is clear from beginning to end that he believes everyone should have the same marriage rights, as do I.

     In this day and age, as Mr. Young points out, things are changing. We, as human beings, cannot expect to hold on to outdated and immoral beliefs that marriage is only to be aloud between man and woman. There are many religious folk that are against same sex marriage due to them tainting the sanction of a union under god. Excuse me for being blunt but I think the idiots that marry trees and buildings are who you should be worried about!

     Marriage itself should be aloud to whomever feels they deserve it. Despite my earlier comment, if you want to marry a damn tree go for it! Same sex couples should have that same right, it is not for us to say they are worthy or not. I don't think it is possible for same sex couples to screw up the sanction of marriage any more than the straight couples already have, so have at it!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment